AAA ERG values the support of educators in helping enrich STEM learning through the ARP. Educators, referring to staff and faculty members of college and universities, can contribute to the program in a variety of ways, including taking on roles as program leaders or mentors, or by recruiting others to volunteer in these roles.
By contributing as a volunteer or by helping spread the word about our program, educators help to enrich the knowledge and skills of our youth and contribute to building and sustaining a diverse and talent-rich STEM pipeline.
Opportunities for Educators
We invite educators to support our youth by:
- Becoming mentors to students (Visit the Mentor page to learn more about this role)
- Recruiting mentors, including postdoctoral appointees, to participate in the program
- Designing activities to enrich students’ experience of the program (i.e. teaching students about career options, training them on how to develop a poster or deliver a presentation, providing guided tours of research facilities)
- Becoming a leader in the program by serving as a co-chair
- Spreading the word about ARP mentorship and leadership opportunities throughout your institution
Connect with Us
Email us at [email protected] to take advantage of our volunteer opportunities and for more information.