Did you happen to complete this yet? We hope our entire membership can participate in this campaign for Argonne.
The laboratory is required, as a federal contractor, to solicit it’s workforce every five years to request self-identification for disability to support its affirmative action program and reporting.
Please participate and spread the word to your colleagues. You can access the survey via the “notifications” section when you log into Workday (hint: look for the “bell” icon near your mailbox icon).
The campaign runs through December 15th.
Come join us…and tell your colleagues! Calendars and links will be sent out soon with confirmed dates.
ABLED General Membership Meeting
We plan to have our next virtual general ABLED membership meeting after the holidays.
Mental Health Wellness Support Group
Our next Mental Health Wellness Support Group meeting will be on Thursday, December 10th, from 12pm – 1pm. We have been getting great turnout for this new group the last couple of months, please come join us if you’d like to share or just listen in.
Cancer Support Group
The next Cancer Support Group meeting is scheduled for Thursday, December 17th, from 12pm – 1pm. Whether you are a patient, survivor, or caring for a loved one with cancer, you are more than welcome to join this group.
“Parenting on the Spectrum” Support Group
The next Parenting on the Spectrum Support Group meeting is scheduled for after the holidays. If you are a parent with a young or adult child with autism, or any other disability for that matter (we have a wide range represented), please know that you are welcome. We always have on hand our fantastic facilitator, Stephanie D’Angelo to lead the way.
November/December 2020’s Neat Links
- Carolyn Tomchik contributed some great articles for us this month:
- “Flip the Script” – This is a very informative infographic. From the link: “Words are powerful. Even with the best of intentions, we may say something that is unhelpful or even hurtful to a person in our workplace who has a disability. Or, afraid of saying the wrong thing, we might stay silent. Rather than focusing on a coworker’s abilities, it’s important to establish connections and engage without pity, judgment, or apprehension to foster a sense of belonging and create a more inclusive workplace”.
- “Why Dell is Making Neurodiverse Hiring a Priority” – A new and innovative way Dell Technologies is thinking about the talent pipeline.
- “Everything You Know About ADHD Is Wrong” – An interesting article discussing outdated stereotypes and stigmatization of ADHD.
- Schools Have Struggled To Fulfill IEPs Amid Pandemic, Government Report Finds
- New Housing Concepts Emerge For Adults With Developmental Disabilities
» Continue reading “Neat Links”
- Alzheimer’s Awareness Month
- National Birth Defects Month
- World Braille Day (Jan. 4)
- Eating Disorder Awareness Week (Feb. 2)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Awareness Day (Feb. 2)
- International Angelman Day (Feb. 15)
- Rare Disease Day (Feb. 28)
» Continue reading “Recent and Upcoming Observances”