Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
makes two 9″x5″ loaves
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups grated zucchini (you may easily go up to 4 cups! If so, add extra 1/2 cup of flour and 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda to dry ingredients)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 9×5 inch loaf pans. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate until melted. Stir occasionally until chocolate is smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, oil, grated zucchini, vanilla and melted chocolate; beat well. In another bowl mix the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add dry ingredients to wet. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a loaf comes out clean.