The Garden Club is an Argonne Club affiliated club open to all active and retired employees of Argonne, DOE, UC and their affiliates.
Annual Membership Fee: $10/ year (checks must be made out to Argonne Garden Club)
To join, please fill out a Membership Waiver 2020 and send via interoffice Argonne mail to: Louis Emery, Bldg 401 ASD
- Provide recreation to its members in connection with gardening.
- Further horticultural knowledge.
- Promote organic cultivation of quality produce using environmentally sound
- Promote social activities between members of this Club, including plant exchanges and other events.
- Co-President: Erika Benda
- Co-President: Melissa Rose
- Vice-President: Gene Schafer
- Secretary: Barbara Freeman
- Treasurer: Louis Emery
Officer Position Description:
President/ Co-President – Has a big picture view of the club. Organizes meeting, prepares plot maps, arranges tilling, and organizes events like the Summer Picnic, Fall Fest and our Earth Day table.
Vice President – Same as above. Fills in the cracks when needed.
Secretary – Helps with website, emails, plot maps, and organizing things.
Treasurer – handles the financial end of things. This involves collecting dues, processing paperwork and reimbursing stewards.