Interested in gardening but don’t have time or space at home? For a very small fee to cover hoses, etc., Argonne lets gardeners use a plot for the 2019 growing season.
We have a two-stage process for assigning plots. Returning gardeners can sign up for their old plots again in December; new gardeners can sign up for plots in the spring. If returning gardeners want to add more plots, they can sign up for additional plots during the spring opening. Follow the steps below according to which category you’re in, and check out the FAQ if you have questions.
NEW GARDENERS and ADDITIONAL PLOT REGISTRATION
REGISTRATION FOR NEW GARDENERS IS OPEN!
New gardeners can sign up and established gardeners can request additional plots (up to four total).
After registration, plot requests will be taken through the spring and summer until all plots are filled. We do have new spaces become available sometimes.
Here’s the steps:
1. Read the FAQ about plots!
2. Check out the Garden Plot Site Map to figure out what area you want to garden in. We try to place everyone in one of their top 3 areas.
3. Fill out a Garden Club 2019 Membership Waiver Form. Gardeners participating in the plot program must be Garden Club members. The membership fee is $10/year.
4. Fill out a FORM_Plot Request March_2019. The plot fee is $10 each per season and covers hoses, nozzles, and misc. gardening supplies. Maps of plot areas are below.
5. Bring the forms and payment to a Garden Club meeting (or interoffice mail to Louis Emery, Bldg 401 ASD).
Cash or checks are accepted. Please make checks out to Argonne Garden Club.
RETURNING GARDENERS PREREGISTRATION IS CLOSED. PLEASE USE A NEW REGISTRATION FORM (ABOVE)!!
The deadline for signing up for your old plots was March 29, 2019. For reference, this is the pre-registration procedure:
1. Find the number of your plot using the links below to request it back. 2. Fill out a Garden Club 2019 Membership Waiver Form. Gardeners participating in the plot program must be Garden Club members. The membership fee is $10/year. 4. Fill out a 2019 Plot Preregistration Form. The plot fee is $10 each per season and covers hoses, nozzles, and misc. gardening supplies. Maps of plot areas are below. 5. Bring the forms and payment to a Garden Club meeting (or interoffice mail to Louis Emery, Bldg 401 ASD).
More questions? Check out the FAQ!
Location of all sites within Argonne: 2019 Site Map
2018 Garden Plots and Assignments:
- 200 courtyard North
- 200 courtyard Middle
- 200 courtyard South
- 200 outside
- 203 E wing
- 203 F wing
- 212 NE courtyard
Garden Club Stewards for 2018
Thinking of becoming a steward? Learn more about stewardship.
Stewards below are not listed in any specific order. Gardeners may contact any steward below which represents their area.
|Location Number||Building Number||Area||Steward|
|1||200||Outside Row 1 (no till)||Wenli Bi|
|Outside Row 2 (no till)
|Outside Row 3 (tilled)||Julie Bessac|
|Outside Row 4 (tilled)||Melissa Rose
|Outside Row 5 (tilled)||Brian Ingram
|2||200||South Courtyard (no till)||Karen Walker and Tim Fister|
|3||200||Middle Courtyard (mixed till)||Gene Schafer|
|4||200||North Courtyard (mixed till)||John Okasinski|
|6||203||E-Wing (tilled)||Carolyn Steele|
|7||203||F-Wing (tilled)||David Potterveld|
|9||212||NE Courtyard (oval) (tilled)||So Young Oh|
|11||363A||Central Shops (tilled)||Andrew Burnham