- This website provides a set of resources that other organizations and individuals can access as they build their own sustainability projects and initiatives.
- Argonne’s Sustainability Team regularly presents papers and presentations at regional and national sustainability symposiums.
- Argonne hosts a Sustainability Workshop for Middle School Teachers. The laboratory educates teachers in five-day long sessions about new “green” technologies, so they can, in turn, go on to educate the next generation.
- Argonne regularly hosts students from the surrounding community, including students from Chicago Public Schools, at the laboratory for learning-based sustainability demonstrations and hands-on activities.
- As a responsible steward of its public funding and a good neighbor to the surrounding communities, Argonne hosts a quarterly Community Leaders Round-Table Meeting. Members include elected officials on the village, city, township, county and state levels; persons appointed to lead school districts, environmental boards and other government agencies; and officers of labor unions and homeowner associations.
Leadership & Outreach
As a leader in sustainability, Argonne participates in a variety of outreach and inreach events in order to share its sustainaiblity best practices with other organizations and students. Argonne's vision is to lead the way in sustainability by educating future generations about sustainable practices and technologies.