Job interviews entail more than just highlighting your research. With a panel of experts from Allstate Insurance (two panelists are Argonne and Fermi postdoctoral alumni), we’ll answer such questions as:
· Who are all the players in the interview process and what are their roles?
· What is “behavioral interviewing”?
· What do scientists need to know to prepare for interviews outside of the traditional research environment?
· What constitutes a good interview versus a bad interview?
· What observations do interviewers make besides evaluating answers to questions?
Panelists (all from Allstate Insurance):
Bill Jahncke, Senior Recruiter, Talent Acquistion
Joe Kleinhenz, Director of Analytics
Ben Auerbach, Associate Data Scientist
Chris Prokop, Associate Data Scientist
Date: August 27, 2014
Location: Building 205 Room: Y-wing Auditorium
Time: 11:45 AM – 1:15 PM Lunch witll be served at 11:45.
Progam will begin at Noon
Confirm your attendance by completing the RSVP via Google Forms