Argonne Radio Control Model Aircraft Club Flying Field
Flying Field Regulations:
- All pilots must be a member of the Argonne Radio Control Model Aircraft Club to use this flying field or be accompanied by a current member.
- All pilots must have current AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics) membership.
- All pilots must meet current FAA Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) registration requirements.
- All pilots must observe the current AMA safety code and FAA UAS rule set, including:
- Do not fly above 400 feet.
- Keep your aircraft within a visual line of sight.
- Avoid flying directly over unprotected people, vessels, vehicles or structures.
Argonne Radio Control Model Aircraft Club contact: [email protected]
To fly under the Special Rule for Model Aircraft for the FAA you must:
- Fly for hobby or recreation ONLY
- Register your model aircraft
- Fly within visual line-of-sight
- Follow community-based safety guidelines and fly within the programming of a nationwide community-based organization
- Fly a drone under 55 lbs. unless certified by a community-based organization
- Never fly near other aircraft
- Notify the airport and air traffic control tower prior to flying within 5 miles of an airport*
- Never fly near emergency response efforts