Collection drive looking for donation, see MyArgonne article.
June 14 is national Flag Day. Learn more about the American flag from the National Constitution Center.
To Donate: GoFundMe Page
The Argonne National Laboratory Veterans Employee Resource Group is raising money to sponsor/fund the training and care of a service K9 for a local Veteran with PTSD in honor of Tom Hart, brother-in-law of Diane Hart from Argonne’s S&T Partnerships and Outreach Directorate. Tom was a Lance Corporal and rifleman in the 1st Recon Battalion, 1st Marine Division.
Diane and her husband Mitch and family lost Tom as a direct result of his PTSD from his time served in the Vietnam War and wish to support a Veteran currently struggling with PTSD through sponsorship of a K-9 service dog.
Argonne Veterans are supporting K9s for Veterans because of the direct impact the program has on our local veteran community, and the way Veterans are integral in the training of their own PTSD K9. As the response to PTSD varies among individuals, it’s important that the animal is trained to respond to a Veteran’s unique symptoms and triggers. In addition to training, K9s for Veterans also provides veterinary services and food for free for the life of the animal.
- On November 11 we observe Veterans Day, a day that we honor America’s veterans for their patriotism, love of country, and willingness to serve and sacrifice for the common good. The Veterans Group ERG encourages everyone to learn more about Veterans Day. You can learn more about this observance from the Department of Veterans Affairs here.
- The Argonne Veterans (VET) Employee Resource group encourages everyone to celebrate Veterans day by supporting veterans in need.
- Items needed include: cleaning supplies, paper products, personal care products, bedding, bathroom towels, kitchen supplies, non-perishable foods and snacks.
- They will take new clothing.
- Drop off is the VFW in Lemont or contact the Veterans Group for pickup.
- Deadline is 11/19.
- The Veterans Group encourages people interested in supporting veterans to consider donating to Fisher House or Help a Veteran.
Join the Veteran ERG for a 5K run/walk on November 6, 2021 at Cantigny Park. The Veteran ERG will be bringing hats for Argonne Veteran ERG participants. Sign up for the 5K here: https://runsignup.com/Race/IL/Wheaton/Cantigny5KRunWalk