Argonne’s Women in Science and Technology (WIST) program is a rich and dynamic community of science and technology professionals that provides support, guidance, and professional development to women at Argonne. In this manner, WIST works to recruit, retain, and promote women for greater diversity and strength in the laboratory’s scientific workforce.
Strengthening diversity at Argonne is a mission that brings the entire laboratory community together. As such, representatives from across the laboratory work as a team on the WIST Steering Committee and/or subcommittees to provide a well-rounded perspective on the approach to achieving its mission. In this manner, WIST supports women in STEM fields through:
- Equal education and awareness of STEM opportunities.
- Support and mentorship to women pursuing careers in STEM.
- Promotion of success stories from women in a variety of scientific and technical positions.
- Partnership with other individuals, organizations and communities committed to supporting women in STEM.
Additionally, this spirit continues to guide all of WIST’s activities and initiatives, such as:
- Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day (IGED)
- Science Careers in Search of Women (SCSW)
- Mentoring Circles pilot program
- Leadership Academy for Women in Science and Engineering (LAWISE) Joint Task Force Initiative
Last Updated: August 19, 2022