Spectrum is an employee resource group (ERG) dedicated to building awareness and providing resources for those in the laboratory community who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, intersex, asexual, agender, or allies to their LGBTQIA+ peers. Spectrum also recognizes and encourages the incredible diversity of gender identities and sexual orientations, including those which may not be accurately portrayed in some of these terms. Spectrum is dedicated to fostering an environment of understanding, acceptance, and equality for all within the laboratory community.
Spectrum’s mission is to:
- Provide leadership and resources at Argonne to promote equity at all levels
- Advise the laboratory on employee issues
- Advance LGBTQIA+ friendly policies and benefits
- Provide employees with cultural awareness, educational and networking opportunities
- Promote a welcoming and inclusive workplace environment
- Participate in outreach and talent recruitment activities
Participation is open to all employees and retirees of Argonne National Laboratory, the U.S. Department of Energy, The University of Chicago, and Argonne Credit Union and all persons associated with or assigned to the work of the laboratory. Final determination of eligibility rests with the committee.