Argonne National Laboratory Postdoctoral Research and Career Symposium
November 7, 2019
Organized by postdocs for postdocs
The Postdoctoral Society of Argonne (PSA) holds a Postdoctoral Symposium every year. The 2019 Symposium will be held on November 7 at the 240 Conference Center/TCS. This is a great opportunity to share your research with your fellow postdocs, P.I.s, and representatives from companies, national labs, and universities. Helping the postdocs to grow their network and making new connections is one of our top priorities.
To make this event possible, we need your help. We need you to share your talent and energy as part of the symposium organizing committee. You will enrich your leadership skills, meet like-minded people, make new connections and have an incredible amount of fun while doing it. The effort required would be a couple hours a month at most. Areas of participation are included but not limited to the following:
- Career panel lead: set the theme for the career panel, identify and recruit panelists
- Communication and Marketing lead: advertising for the event e.g. making flyers, ads, etc.
- Poster lead: organizing the poster event, collecting all the abstracts for poster, recruit poster judges
- Program book lead: preparing the symposium book
- Companies outreach lead: contacting individual companies, in coordination with the Postdoctoral Program Office
- Survey lead: conduct post-symposium survey, summarize data to discuss with symposium committee
- Symposium Follow-up lead: assist Postdoctoral Program Office with post-symposium communications, including notes of appreciation to speakers and volunteers
- Secretary: communicate meeting notices, activity announcements, and meeting agenda via email.
All the members will work together to put the schedule of the symposium.
Please email Symposium Chairperson Ahmed (email@example.com) with PSA Symposium subject if you would like to be part of this exciting event.