- Welcome! January 29, 2014
- Inaugural Outstanding Staff Mentor Award – Call for Nominations January 29, 2014
- Argonne/AWIS Mentoring Event – RSVP Today! January 8, 2014
- Inaugural Outstanding Staff Mentor Award December 18, 2013
- Being talked about can be good for your career December 4, 2013
As a world-class laboratory that is committed to focused, mission-driven research, we must recognize the influential role that mentoring plays in the development of our workforce and success of our organization.
The Outstanding Staff Mentor Award will recognize the efforts of an individual [full- or part-time] employee from the operations or programmatic areas who has demonstrated commitment to outstanding mentorship. This individual is a dedicated advocate for advancing and mentoring colleagues without regard to the mentee’s position or career tenure. [Postdocs are ineligible as nominators for this award.]
For more information, please see Inside Argonne.
Each of us has a responsibility to provide guidance and encouragement to the next generation of our workforce. This award gives us an opportunity to recognize mentoring as integral to maintaining and advancing Argonne’s programmatic and operational excellence.
In honor of National Mentoring Month, Argonne is partnering with the Association for Women in Science (AWIS) to host a mentoring event on Saturday, January 25, 2014.
The event will take place from 9:30am-1pm on UChicago’s campus and will feature:
- a keynote address from Ann Schlenker, Argonne’s Director of Transportation Research
- a speed networking session
- catered lunch
Email email@example.com for more information and to RSVP for this FREE event!