Caregiver Webinar- Afghanistan: Let’s Continue the Conversation
Tuesday, August 31st at 8pm EST
Last week the Elizabeth Dole Foundation reached over two thousand veterans, caregivers and their families, as they struggle with the events, images, and ramifications of our nation ending the longest period of war in our nation’s history. The message we heard loud and clear is that the need for discussion is necessary now, more than ever. Please join EDF, Wounded Warrior Project, TAPS, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, and Dr. Amit Sood for Part Two of Afghanistan: How Do We Talk About It? Register here.
This session will focus on:
- How to support veterans during this difficult time and reinforce that their service MATTERS.
- How to talk with your children and/or adolescents who may not understand what they’re seeing or hearing.
- Aiding and supporting Afghanistan refugees and opportunities to get involved with existing efforts.
- What mental health practices and exercises can be incorporated to provide calm during unexpected times of crisis.
- What resources are available to support you and your family during this time.
LEAN ON US: Advice for Talking with Your Veteran and Your Family About Afghanistan
The Elizabeth Dole Foundation, in partnership with Sesame Street, has created a toolkit with advice, tips, and resources for caregivers when talking to their veteran and families about the events unfolding in Afghanistan. Please utilize and share this toolkit widely with anyone who may benefit.